Any Ontario resident that holds a valid Ontario Health Card who has been prescribed Home Oxygen Therapy by a healthcare professional and meets the medical criteria can apply for home oxygen therapy under the ministry’s Home Oxygen Program.
You must be an Ontario resident for more than 6 months.
You must be eligible for and have a valid Ontario Health Card (OHIP).
Funding is as follows;
The ministry’s program will cover 100% of the funding if the client is:
1. 65 years of age or over; or
2. 64 years of age or younger and meets one of the following criteria:
- is a resident of a Long Term Care Home;
- is receiving social assistance through Ontario Works, Ontario Disability Support Program or Assistance to Children with Severe Disabilities; or
- is receiving professional services through the CCAC.